I’ve made this guide free until 23 April 2020 to assist those financially affected by Covid-19
My guide walks you through filling in your self assessment tax return from start to finish. I’ll show you what you need to have ready to make completing your return a breeze as well as sharing some expert advice on allowances and deductions that may reduce your tax bill.
It’s perfect for anyone who wants to avoid paying an accountant because they have fairly simple tax affairs.
Who Is This For?
This step by step guide is designed to help individuals who are:
- Self-employed with a business turnover of £85,000 or less such as professionals, creatives, bloggers and taxi drivers or;
- Employed (either full-time or part-time) and self-employed with a business turnover of £85,000 or less or;
- Foster Carers or;
- Qualified and trainee accountants looking to learn more about the self-assessment system.
Who Isn’t This For?
- Non-UK Residents or;
- Anyone who files a paper tax return;
- Landlords (coming soon);
- Individuals who received dividends (coming soon);
- Individuals who received pensions, foreign income or capital gains.
This edition is for UK residents and reflects the 2018/2019 tax rules.
Guide Created by Anita Forrest ACA
While I have made every attempt to ensure the accuracy of the contents of the “Straightforward Guide To Completing Your Self-Assessment Tax Return”, I cannot accept responsibility for any losses or penalties you may incur while following the contents. I have prepared the contents for a wider audience so you may need to seek additional assistance relevant to your own personal situation.