Your Government Gateway Account is your online HMRC portal where you can:
- Manage all your taxes;
- Receive messages and reminders from HMRC;
- Apply for additional taxes like VAT;
- Register online as a subcontractor under the CIS scheme;
- View your entitlement to the state pension;
- Find your UTR number;
- Complete your self-assessment tax return online.
When you set up your government gateway account you’ll be issued with a User ID from HMRC and be asked to setup a password. Here’s what you can do if you have lost your user ID or password.