It is your responsibility to make sure that your VAT payment reaches HMRC by the payment deadline.
There are a number of ways HMRC will accept your VAT payment.
Immediate Payments can be made by:
- Online Banking;
- Telephone banking;
Here are the HMRC VAT Bank Account Details to make your payment:
|Sort code||Account number||Account name|
|08 32 00||11963155||HMRC VAT|
Remember to use your 9 Digit VAT Number as your payment reference so HMRC can allocate it correctly.
Other ways you can pay are below, but these typically take up to 3 days to clear, so you need to make sure you leave enough time for the money to reach HMRC for the VAT deadline:
- Direct debit (but you must have your direct debit set up 7 days before your VAT payment deadline);
- Debit card;
- At your bank or building society.
New Here? These are my most popular resources:
- The Ultimate Bookkeeping Spreadsheet – Organise your money, track the numbers that matter and stay on top of your cash;
- FREE Guide: 11 Common Small Business Setup and Tax Mistakes – Are you worried your business isn’t set up correctly? Use this guide to identify whether you’re making the 11 most common financial pitfalls I’ve seen when it comes to setting up a business and taxes, as well as finding out how you can put them right;
- Sole Trader or Limited Company? – Download my free calculator to check which business structure would help you to pay less tax;
- FREE Business Expenses Cheatsheet – Check what you can and can’t claim as an expense against your taxes.
- 6 Core Elements of Self-Employment Taxes – Confused by taxes? Worried you’re missing something when it comes to tax allowances and reliefs? These easy to follow 6 mini-guides will have you on top of the tax side of things in no time at all.