It is your responsibility to make sure that your VAT payment reaches HMRC by the payment deadline.
There are a number of ways HMRC will accept your VAT payment.
Immediate Payments can be made by:
- Online Banking;
- Telephone banking;
Here are the HMRC VAT Bank Account Details to make your payment:
|Sort code||Account number||Account name|
|08 32 00||11963155||HMRC VAT|
Remember to use your 9 Digit VAT Number as your payment reference so HMRC can allocate it correctly.
Other ways you can pay are below, but these typically take up to 3 days to clear, so you need to make sure you leave enough time for the money to reach HMRC for the VAT deadline:
- Direct debit (but you must have your direct debit set up 7 days before your VAT payment deadline);
- Debit card;
- At your bank or building society.
New Here? These are my most popular resources:
- Small Business Money Tracker – Organise your money, track the numbers that matter and stay on top of your cash;
- FREE Business Finance Checklist – Helping you avoid the common money mistakes when you’re starting a business;
- Sole Trader or Limited Company? – Download my free calculator to check which business structure would help you to pay less tax;
- FREE Business Expenses Cheatsheet – Check what you can and can’t claim as an expense against your taxes;
- Join my Mailing List – Get free tax reminders and money management tips from me.