When you’re a self-employed dad-to-be getting to grips with your paternity pay rights will help with:
- planning the amount of
taketo time off;
- understanding how your earnings will be affected.
Self-Employed Paternity Pay
Whilst being your own boss can bring many benefits
That means you may not be able to earn any money for any paternity leave you take.
It’s a similar situation to when you take time off for a holiday or if you are sick and can’t go to work.
How to Plan for Your Self-Employed Paternity Leave
The key to preparing for your paternity leave when you’re self-employed is to start planning early.
That way you’ll be able to:
- Make sure you have enough money set aside while you are not earning;
- Warn your customers that you are taking some time off for paternity leave;
- Pick a date by which you need to have all your work completed and up to date so nothing is overdue while you are on leave;
- Arrange support and assistance to cover anything important while you are off.
Government Support for the Self-Employed
Although there is no such thing as self-employed paternity pay, there are other forms of financial assistance available. This includes Child Benefits and Tax-Free Childcare support.
Read More: Tax-Free Childcare for the Self-Employed
Accountant In Your Inbox
I'll help you to make more profits, pay less tax and stay on the right side of the rules. Enter your email address and let's connect!