With so many bookkeeping systems on the market, it can be difficult to decide which one is right for you.
If you’re struggling to decide between them, then read on for a summary of their key features and a review of each.
Quickbooks v FreeAgent
|Best for||Tracking mileage, claiming |
expenses on the move,
|Time tracking, invoicing, |
|Free trial||Yes – one month||Yes – with this link|
(£3 for first 6 months)
(£11.40 for first 6 months)
|Snap & Store||Yes||Yes|
|Sign Up||Sign Up|
Quickbooks Self Employed product is designed with UK
Its uncomplicated app focus solely on the features most important to someone who is self employed:
- Expense claim
What’s good about Quickbooks
- Easy to set up;
- Low monthly price;
- Snap and sort receipts;
- Make expense claims on the go;
- Automatic mileage tracking using your device location;
- Automatic syncing with most UK bank accounts.
Who’s it Best For
Anyone who is
Learn more: Visit the Quickbooks Website
FreeAgent is a UK based company with a bookkeeping system designed with the
It comes with a slightly higher monthly subscription fee but this reflects the fact there is has a lot of really useful functionality.
FreeAgent focuses on relieving the main causes of financial administration stress like:
- Time tracking;
- Cashflow management;
- Tax calculations and estimations;
- Filing Self Assessment Tax Return Forms;
- Expense tracking (with the ability to photograph your receipts on the move);
- Automated bookkeeping with bank feeds.
What’s good about FreeAgent
- Simple but informative dashboard with all the key information;
- First class customer support;
- Built-in time tracker that automatically converts into an invoice;
- Gives customers the option to pay by credit card;
- Lots of ready-made reports like debtors, profit & loss and sales;
- Photograph and make expense claims on the move (check out my demo here).
Who’s It Best For
FreeAgent is great for freelancers who need to track their time. It is also perfect for anyone looking for a bookkeeping system that will grow as their business does.
Learn more: Visit the FreeAgent website + claim your free trial
Accountant In Your Inbox
I'll help you to make more profits, pay less tax and stay on the right side of the rules. Enter your email address to connect with me!