Use this sole trader tax calculator to estimate your self-assessment tax liability, including your payment on account.
How to Use the Sole Trader Tax Calculator
Enter your self-employment business profits (that’s your income less allowable business expenses) into the calculator below, press the button for an estimate of the tax you’ll owe.
New Here? Learn how to set up the financial side of your business with these easy to understand guides and resources:
- Sole Trader or Limited Company? – Download my free calculator to check which business structure would help you to pay less tax;
- Tax Records and Bookkeeping – Understand what tax records you’ll need to keep and how to set up your own bookkeeping system;
- How to Fill In Your Tax Return Online – In this step-by-step guide, you’ll find everything you need to know to fill in your tax return online and beat the HMRC deadline.
- Self Employment Taxes Explained – Learn what taxes you’ll pay, how much and when;
- VAT Guides – From registration to de-registration, VAT schemes and thresholds, these guides will take you through the basics every UK small business owner needs to know;
- Invoice Template – Free template and step-by-step guide so you can get paid by your clients.